NYC, Long Island and Westchester,
Financial institutions frequently require that a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) be conducted as due diligence during real estate transactions. By performing proper environmental due diligence, you are also creating a second layer of protection through the “Innocent land Owner Act” against unidentifiable liabilities as long as it can be proven a thorough investigation was conducted prior to purchasing a property. American Environmental Assessment & Solutions, Inc (American Environmental) can assist you with your Phase I ESAs and environmental needs. American Environmental performs Phase I ESAs in accordance with the most recent American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Standard E 1527-05, Standard Practice for Environmental Site Assessment.
American Environmental Phase I ESA includes:
- A review of historical and current environmental records and documentation pertaining to the Site, including review of Sanborn Insurance Maps, aerial photos and USGS 7.5′ topographical maps;
- Regulatory records review, including Federal, State, Local and Tribal records concerning the property and the neighboring properties;
- Performance of an on-site visit to view present conditions and evaluate any likely environmentally hazardous site history;
- Evaluation of risks of neighboring properties upon the subject property;
- Interview of persons knowledgeable regarding the property history (past owners, present owner, key site manager, present tenants, neighbors);
- Professional report, including extensive documentation of a property’s environmental condition, providing resolution of detected recognized environmental conditions and, when necessary, recommendations to bring these conditions to closure.
To prevent or minimize buying these liabilities call us at American Environmental or visit us at http://www.aeasinc.com to request a free quote.