Bloggers School is an educational source for Social Media and Web 2.0 technologies. The school's aim is to educate entrepreneurs, traditional publicists, and business owners on marketing themselves online with strategies enhancing search engine rankings and Inbound Marketing.
"We teach our clients from basics to advanced concepts of Blogging and Social Media with end results on better communicating with their target audience," says Carolina Frederico of Bloggers School.
"Our efforts will be to help business owners and people interested in promoting themselves through new and current Web 2.0 marketing methods while enhancing their brand recognition through the updated online trends," adds John Ciampa, a director at the school.
Walter Sanchez, president of BQE Media and publisher of the Queens Ledger/Brooklyn Star Weekly Newspaper group (which publishes this newspaper), has recently joined forces with the Bloggers School to promote the workshops because customers who advertise in the newspapers, websites and It's Queens Magazine need to be on the cutting edge of the Web.
"We implement Web 2.0 and Web 2.1 strategies at our company for our advertisers because that is the way we will be communicating for the next few decades," Sanchez said.
The eight hyper-local newspaper websites in the BQE Media family currently host dozens of blogs and a database listing more than 35,000 businesses in Brooklyn and Queens. The eight websites - which each have a calendar of events, classified ads, and free business listings, are a peek into how newspapers and local media companies will be teaming up for web 2.1.
"The Blogger's School management team currently has a combined library of over 20 blogs in various topics, including sports, news, commentary, adult content, and online radio," said Sanchez. "They 'get it' when it comes to understanding that the businesses who use the web to promote their expertise, will come out on top.
"I am looking forward to Carolina and John working with us in the promotion of Social Media marketing to businesses in our coverage area," continued Sanchez. "We're calling it 'Blog U' because you will get an education here you won't soon forget."
Social Media Workshop Details
Why and How Your Business Should Be Using Social Media
Thursday, June 25, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
AE Studios LIC, 39-06 Crescent Street (Red Door Entrance) Long Island City
Sign up online at www.bloggersschool.com or call (516) 232-3463
During this first workshop, Bloggers School will be talking about what business owners have in social media and social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to open doors to be closer to their potential clients. Understanding what Social Media is and what kind of actions you should take to brand your business online can put you on the top of the game.
After attending the four-hour workshop, attendees will be able to:
• Understand how technology and the transition between mainstream media and new media is affecting your business
• Learn how you can advertise your business spending less money for a more target audience.
• Figure out how the social media strategy can be appropriated for your personality and business.
• Start using social media free tools to do market research and understand your audience.
• Improve your Blogging techniques to make your blog or site more findable for search engines.
Today, there are so many ways to educate your clients and sell them what it takes to get the job done. You give up information for free in order to sell your knowledge, expertise, and solutions. We will be discussing the importance of developing a free product for your business and many actions to spotlight your brand in ways that were never around before.
The classroom space has a wireless internet connection, so you should bring your laptop and follow every single step during the class.
Bloggers School Training will be also covering:
• The Twitter Mania: What it's all about and how your brand can benefit from the use of Twitter and the Twitter search.
• How-to create killer post through blog posts or even joining discussions to create leads or bring your clients closer to your brand.
• Introduction to Facebook, BlogCatalog, and LinkedIn and a few more hot spots to publish content
• Search engine optimization and a few thinks you must know when it comes to creating a home for your business online
• Search engine marketing and how videos can generate a digital word of mouth
• Digital online copyright law: legal issues that surrounds the online world and its users nowadays
• Setting up and improving your WordPress blog with some tools and plug-ins
Bloggers School Teachers
John A Ciampa was in the news as the spokesperson for a spray company, when he first learned about the internet and got fascinated with the possibility of learning online, coaching himself, and becoming the CEO of his own company. John owns more than 15 blogs about subjects like snowboarding, hunting, commercial drivers training etc.
Carolina Frederico is a professional blogger and independent journalist from Brazil. She graduated from Universidade Católica (PUC) in São Paulo. For four years, Carolina worked as an editor and reporter for Folha de S.Paulo, the largest Brazilian newspaper, where she wrote about many subjects, such as citizenship, traveling, and education. Since moving to New York City three years ago, she has been combining teaching Portuguese with work in journalism, including writing and editing articles and producing news reports for Brazilian magazines, television channels, publications, and journals. Carolina speaks writes and reads fluent in English and Spanish, besides Portuguese, her first language. Her professional trips include countries like Uruguay, The Bahamas, Mexico, and Holland.