- Regular Season runs May 7, 2013 through June 19, 2013
- Playoffs - June 20 - June 26 • Championships June 27 & 28 @ an indoor gym
- $100 Registration deposit is due by April 23, 2013 (final rosters due April 29)
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms attached here
The Heroes Youth Basketball League is run every year since 1990, now with a 10 game-guaranteed (including play-offs) weekday-only (Mon. – Thurs) season beginning in early May with playoffs beginning June20th. The Championship games are at an indoor gym on June 27th and/or 28th. We have schedules on the web and we have short text alert programs for announcements or weather related issues. We generally have 10 or 12 teams in each division and do not play on weekends. One of the best things we do is work your schedule around conflict dates the coach supplies to us in advance. Some coaches give us dates or days they can not play, some give us times they wish to play - including doubleheaders if wanted. We are able to accommodate 95% of the conflicts given to us. Coaches must clearly indicate conflicts on the roster sheets. We will place your sponsor’s name on uniforms we provide for each player if your team has a sponsor. Teams can request up to 14 shirts.
There are divisions for 10 years old and under for boys, and for 10 year old & under girls. 12 & under boys, 12 & under girls. 14 & under boys and 14 & under girls. 17 & under boys and 17 & under girls.
Children can play in the division as long as they do not reach the age of the next division before January 1, 2014. We follow the CYO age rules, hence a majority of our teams are CYO teams. (Example: If a boy is 10 year-old now, but turns 11 years old on December 28, 2013 - then he must play in 12 & under.) In order to have fewer lopsided scores, in age groups where we have more than 10 tams, we will schedule separate “divisions” in each age group with some crossover games. Teams which are made up of primarily the younger year in any age group will play teams their own age more often during the season if requested. Playoffs seeds will be determined by season records. All teams make playoffs. Knee coverings must be worn by players on the court in all divisions. Individuals may play in more than one age division on two different teams.
The games are played Mondays through Thursdays at either 5:45PM or 6:45PM at Reiff Park, Maurice (Principe) Park and Frontera Park in Maspeth. Dry Harbor Park (80th St & Myrtle Ave.) in Glendale. Juniper Valley Park in Middle Village, Bush Park in Woodside and Crowley Park (57th Ave. & 83 St.) in Elmhurst.
- Referees & Game Summaries
The 10 & 12 year old divisions have one referee, the 14 and 17 have two referees. Game summaries are printed in the newspapers every week and on web sites in the sports section of the Queens Ledger Newspapers, which include the Queens Ledger, Greenpoint Star, Brooklyn Downtown Star, Glendale Register, LIC Journal, Forest Hills Times, Leader/Observer and Queens Examiner of Eastern Queens. Final scores as well as high scorers are included in the weekly reports. If rosters are properly filled out by the deadline date, each participant will receive a one-year subscription to the newspaper (compliments of the league sponsors).
- Costs & Registration & Reserve Your Team Spot
For an entire team... for 10 and 12 & under is $500 (one referee).
Costs for 14 and 17 & under is $600 (2 referees).
Cost includes all referee fees.
Costs for an individual is $75 per individual in any division. (We typically have teams who need players but we can not guarantee placement. We will return the fee if we can not place your child on a team.)
- Teams are encouraged to get sponsors. If they do, they supply us with the name of the sponsor by April 23 and that name will be printed on the back of the team shirts we provide. Each player will receive a team shirt, All referees are high school or CYO referees. 14 players per team maximum please. Coaches must note conflict days or dates on roster form submitted before the schedules are made. 12 team shirts will be given out unless coaches request more shirts on the bottom of the roster.
- Pick up roster forms by April 19: - 9am till 5pm at the offices of the Queens Ledger Newspapers 69-60 Grand Avenue, Maspeth, NY 11378. 718-639-7000. Call EARLY to reserve your spot... Please sign up by April 23 so your team does not get shut out from playing. If a player has participated in our league before and a birth certificate was submitted, it need not be submitted again.
- Coaches should attend the coaches meeting to pick up team shirts on Monday, April 29th 7PM @ Arbys - 70th Street at Metropolitan Ave. Middle Village..All schedules will be on line at www.queensledger.com by May 3. Plan on playing May 7.