Short Text Alert System: Text the word HEROES to #21321 for league info alerts
Download a team roster sheet here.
In order to have more competitive schedules, when possible - and at your request, we will sched- ule separate “divisions” in each age group with some crossover games during the regular sea- son. Teams which are made up of primarily the younger year in any age group will play teams their own age more often during the season. Playoffs seeds will be determined by regular season records.
1. Rainouts and league info is texted to anyone in the league automatically if you sign up for our ‘short text alert program’ Text the word HEROES to our # 21321 on any cell phone. All teams must report to the court unless the games are cancelled due to weather. Coaches and players could also log on to the website www.queensledger.com any time after 5PM to see schedules and if the games are still on. If the top listing in the sports section says All Heroes Basketball games are cancelled today, then do not report to the court. If nothing appears on the web site then the referee is in charge of cancelling the game at the court. If either coach feels it is not safe to play AND the referee agrees then the game will be cancelled. Whatever you usually pay for texts is how much will be charged. People who have an unlimited plan pay nothing for these texts. The bar code above is for android phones to automatically sign up.
2. Make sure the score keeper has all names written on the score sheet SPELLED CORRECTLY before the game starts. Scores will be reported in the following weekly newspapers: QUEENS LEDGER, GLENDALE REGISTER, FOREST HILLS TIMES, LONG ISLAND CITY JOURNAL, LEADER-OBSERVER of Woodhaven, QUEENS EXAMINER, GREENPOINT STAR, BROOKLYN DOWNTOWN STAR.
3. If there is any problem with the game, a coach should email the heroes hotline email@example.com or tell the referee at the court. If, in rare case the referee is not at the court, the score keeper will call the referee assigner from the court. The scorekeeper turns in the scores to the web site and the league.
4. Season begins the middle of May and will end before the July 4th weekend. There is a 9 game scheduled season with the last game being ‘position week.’ The 10th game is the first playoff game. All teams make the playoffs.
5. Teams will get shirts at the coaches meeting if they turned in their roster on time with the deposit. If shirts are not ready by the coaches meeting, they will be given to the team by the second game of the season. 12 shirts will be ordered for each team. If more shirts are needed, it must be written on the bottom of the roster where conflict dates are submitted.
6. Playoffs will begin the week after the regular season ends. Coaches will go to the web site www.queensledger.com & look in SPORTS to see all schedules.
7. All players must wear knee covering. Foul out with 6 personal fouls. 1 & 1 on 7, 2 shots on 10 team fouls.
8. Pressing is allowed in all divisions. Pressing is not allowed by a team winning by 16 points or more. In the 14s & 17 & under, no pressing with 21 point or more lead. You can always pick up after half court.
9. Four time outs per game two fulls and two 30 second. Referee is the timekeeper.
10. Ejection from game means one game suspension with any other suspension to the discretion of the referee at the game.
We also run a facebook type social networking sports desk for the league which you can get to by hitting a link called
[BQE SPORTS] which is on the navigation bar of the Queens Ledger web site. The site allows players to sign up, share stats, pictures and more.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS - email HEROES@QUEENSLEDGER.COM