• Mostly sunny with a high near 74.
• N.J Gov. Chris Christie has called for a special election in October to fill Senator Frank Lautenberg's seat.
• Syrian President Bashar Assad’s government forces claimed victory in a major battle for a strategically important city.
• The Post claims that three of mayoral hopeful Christine Quinn's fundraiser's are connected to people with not-so-clean pasts.
Maspeth – Isabella's Italian Ices & Ice Cream – Spring is Here and Isabella's is Open! Frozen Yogurt, Smoothies, Floats, Ice Cream Cakes & Super Pretzels! 55-03 69th Street 718-205-4237
• Councilman Leroy Comrie launched his bid for borough president this week by saying he wants a new subway line in Queens.
• Westchester mom busted for running million-dollar pot-growing operation in a Maspeth warehouse.
• Kevin McClinton, the man police believe shot and killed 14-year-old D'aja Robinson on a Queens bus, was tracked down in South Carolina and arrested this week.
• Bollywood actress Jiah Khan, 25, was found hanged at her home in Mumbai yesterday.
• Actress Jennifer Love Hewitt is expecting her first child with "Client List" co-star Brian Hallisay.
• The Daily News reflects on the life of N.J Senator Frank Lautenberg.
• Fox News says President Obama is still an amateur president.
• Yankees topped the Indians, 4-3. Check the recap here. Both teams play today again at 1:05 p.m. in the Bronx.
• Mets fell to the Nationals, 3-2. Check the recap here. Both teams face off again tonight at 7:05 p.m. in D.C.
Get the Best Prices for Sports, Concert and Event tickets at NYDISCOUNTTICKETS.COM.
London Lennie's - Celebrating it's 50th Anniversary! Known for the best in fresh & local seafood selected daily at the Fulton Fish Market. 63-38 Woodhaven Blvd, Rego Park 718-894-8084. www.londonlennies.com
• For sale – Woodside - One-family semi-detached brick home features a modern kitchen, finished wooden floors throughout the house. Rear deck & patio in private backyard. Parking for two cars. Convenient location. Close to shops & transportation. Asking $678,000.
• For sale – Ridgewood - Semi-detached five-family home with three garages. Boxed rooms, wood floors and full basement. Call for income and expenses. Asking $799,000.
Crifasi Real Estate
• Recently Sold - One-bedroom, one-bath, 750-square-foot co-op at 33-24 93rd Street in Jackson Heights for $122,000.
• Townsend Farms is recalling bags of a frozen fruit mix regularly used in smoothies because they could be contaminated with the Hepatitis A virus.
• Researchers have found that sunscreen actually helps slow down the skin's aging process.
PLUMBING COMPANY IN BROOKLYN LOOKING TO HIRE experienced plumbers/mechanics 5 years of experience (minimum) needed, IN NEW CONSTRUCTION ROUGHING, MUST HAVE OWN FULL SET OF TOOLS (power & hand). Please call 347.987.0344 & LEAVE A DETAILED MASSAGE,
Or you could email your resume to PlumbingJobBrooklyn@gmail.com
• Jackson Heights - 9:30 a.m. - Free foreclosure prevention class. Chhaya CDC, 37-43 77th St., 2nd Fl.
• Astoria - 10 a.m. - Councilman Peter Vallone, Jr. helps launch Astoria White Roof Project. Trinity Lutheran Church, 31-18 37th St.
• East Elmhurst - 11 a.m. - Car wash workers and RWDSU members celebrate historic car wash union contract, Hi-Tek Car Wash & Lube, 83-03 24th Ave.
• Flushing - 4 p.m. - Rally to save youth programming. Queens Community House Pomonok Center, 67-09 Kissena Blvd.
• Flushing - 4 p.m. - Peter Vallone, Jr. opens borough president campaign field office. Flushing Mall, 133-31 39th Ave.
• Flushing - 5 p.m. - Free jazz clinics for high school students. Flushing Town Hall, 137-35 Northern Blvd.
• Hollis - 5 p.m. - Introduction seminar to the college admissions process for high school students and their parents. Windsor Park Library, 79-50 Bell Blvd.
• Flushing - 6 p.m. - Queens Borough President Helen Marshall swears in 51 new community board members. New York Hall of Science, Flushing Meadows-Corona Park
• Astoria - 7 p.m. - Co-founder and programmer who helped create MTV, Bob Pittman, will discuss his work. Museum of the Moving Image, 36-01 35th Ave.
• Flushing - 7 p.m. - Queens Borough President Candidates Debate. Queens Library, 41-17 Main St.
• Flushing - 7:30 p.m. - How Will “Obamacare” Affect You? Free Synagogue of Flushing, 40-60 Kissena Blvd.