Check out our Top 10 picks for your sweet tooth fix!!
1. Chip NYC - 30-06 34th St., Astoria, NY 11103 - Homemade cookies are always good to enjoy on a nice afternoon. Chip NYC, a recently popular cookie shop in Astoria and Manhattan, has the special cookies you cannot find anywhere else in New York. Different flavors are featured everyday and each cookie adds a spin to your day. From the OG chocolate chip to smores, Chip NYC is the place to go!
2. Taiyaki NYC - 136-17 39th Ave., Flushing, NY 11354 - Called “the most instagrammable ice cream,” Taiyaki NYC puts a spin on your favorite dessert. Their fish-shaped cones are what draws in the customers but they also have a variety of unique candy toppings!
3. Sweet Cats Cafe - 39-16 Prince St., Flushing NY 11354: Offering handcrafted desserts such as macaroons and cakes with different types of floats and lattes, this small cafe at is the perfect spot for a quick treat.
4. Eddie’s Sweet Shop - 105-29 Metropolitan Ave., Forest Hills, NY 11375 - This sweets shop is right out of a movie! With different candies and ice cream sundaes you can experience your childhood all over again and head to the Cinemart Cinemas across the street to catch the latest movies.
5. Sugar N Coal - 63-42 Woodhaven Blvd., Rego Park, NY 11374 - This dessert spot has shakes and crepes! Get strawberry shortcake crepes with a death by chocolate milkshake to get your sugary fix.
6. Martha’s Country Bakery - 70-28 Austin St., Forest Hills, NY 11375 - This classic bakery has all the dessert staples from cakes to cookies to gelato and pies. Enjoy it with one of their famous cafe lattes or iced beverages.
7. The French Workshop - 38-39 Bell Blvd Bayside NY 11361 - This bakery offers classic French pastries and breads to their customers in a modern, stylish atmosphere.
8. LuLus Bakery - 185-26 Union Turnpike Fresh Meadows NY 11366 - With award winning cakes, Lulus is another bakery to try in Queens with cookies, biscottis, custom cakes, tarts and many more items to choose from. The owners of LuLus were actually on a Food Network baking TV competition and have earned recognition from this.
9. Mahalo New York Bakery - 66-40 Myrtle Ave, Glendale, NY 11385 - Take a trip to Hawaii right here in Queens. Head on over to Mahalo to get some Hawaiian cupcakes, cakes, shaved ice and ice cream!
10. Rio De La Plata Bake Shop - 96-45 Corona Ave., Flushing, NY 11373 - Argentinian sweets with bonuses like empanadas, bread and sandwiches.