It’s no secret that the borough of Queens is one of the most ethnically diverse communities anywhere on the planet. For anyone who loves great food and wants to try something different, it’s a virtual paradise. It probably comes as no surprise that there are more than 1,600 Italian restaurants alone in Queens! From street vendors to five star eateries, from food trucks to bistros, your choices are virtually endless. Here’s just a small sample of some of the outstanding, and some of the unique, food experiences available in Queens:
- The Original Stamatis Restaurant: “If you can’t get to Greece…” the saying goes, go to Stamatis. This Astoria landmark is the real deal, offering mouthwatering Greek fare at reasonable prices. It’s a large menu, with something for just about everyone, with one of the largest seafood selections in Queens, and eggplant that’s out of this world. To learn more, visit The Original Stamatis Restaurant
- Taverna Kyclades: Another Astoria legend, Taverna Kyclades has a longstanding commitment to using only the freshest ingredients in original Greek recipes. Family members personally shop for the freshest meats, fish and other ingredients every morning. The fare is simple, with an emphasis on fish and seafood entrees. Taverna Kyclades is often the “go-to” place to bring guests from out of town.
- Trattoria L’incontro: With hand-painted images from Chef Rocco Sacramone’s hometown in the Abruzzo region in Italy, and an open brick oven in the dining room, this is as authentic as Italian gets in Queens, and that’s saying something. Many of the recipes that make this restaurant stellar were handed down to Chef Rocco by his mother, Tina. Trattorio L’incontro blends classic Italian dishes with new and exciting cuisine.
- Good food, great prices: If you’re looking for something that’ll tantalize your taste buds, but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg, there are lots of great options. Court Square Diner, in Long Island City is renowned for its super-sized portions and reasonable prices for standard diner fare. The handmade dumplings at Nan Xiang Xiao Long Bao are considered among the best in the metro area. New Park Pizzeria is one of the favorite local spots for authentic New York pizza.
- Something different—Sometimes you just want to try something you can’t find everywhere. How about Spicy Lanka, in Jamaica, for some Sri Lankan food (might want to bring a fire extinguisher!!). For the sweet green curries that make Malaysian cuisine so delectable, there’s PappaRich and Sentosa in Flushing, and Taste Good Malaysian in Elmhurst. You haven’t lived until you’ve had the Tibetan style momo at Phayul, in Jackson Heights.
Experienced Queens Workers’ Compensation Law Firm
At the law offices of Pyrros & Serres LLP, our attorneys have extensive experience handling all types of workers’ compensation claims. We take cases involving all kinds of work-related injuries, such as:
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) | Spinal Cord Injury | Paralysis | Fractures | Shoulder, Arm, Hand and Finger Injury | Back and Neck Injury | Hip, Leg, Foot and Toe Injury| Burns |Occupational Illness | Permanent Scarring or Disfigurement | Amputation or Loss of Limb | Hearing or Vision Loss | Accidental Death
Effective Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Queens, New York
At Pyrros & Serres LLP, we handle all matters related to workers’ compensation for people across the greater New York City metropolitan area, including injured workers in the borough of Queens.
For more information about the services we provide, see our practice area overview page.
Pyrros & Serres LLP
Workers’ Compensation Attorneys—Queens, New York