The highlights of each event include:
• Sunday, July 31: US Open and WTT Champions King and Wade join the Empire in a pre-match Opening Night Ceremony to launch the team’s inaugural season as it takes on the five-time defending champion Washington Kastles.
• Monday, August 1: Former World No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki and the Philadelphia Freedoms visit.
• Wednesday, August 3: LGBTQ Pride Night when the Empire take on the Springfield Lasers. The Stonewall Chorale will sing the National Anthem.
• Tuesday, August 9: Former world number one and marquee player Andy Roddick joins the Empire in his first appearance ever at Forest Hills Stadium in a rematch with the Kastles.
• Thursday, August 11: King heads Salute to Strong Women, a panel discussion prior to the Empire’s matchup with the Orange County Breakers.
• Friday, August 12: International Night, in which the Empire and fans will celebrate Queens, as they battle the San Diego Aviators in the final home match of the season.
“Each of our special event dates are celebrations of some of the things that make New York and tennis so great,” said Empire general manager Colleen Hopkins. “They also serve as a thank you to fans who have expressed so much support for the inaugural New York Empire season.”
In addition to marquee player Roddick, the Empire’s full season roster also includes New Jersey resident Christina McHale, whose epic second-round matchup with Serena Williams was one of the highlights of the fortnight at Wimbledon.
Rounding out the Empire roster are Guido Pella of Argentina and doubles specialists María Irigoyen, also of Argentina, and Oliver Marach of Austria.
Tickets for all home matches are on sale online here.