2.Greater motivation and accountability from education administrators to lift our kids to the heights they should reach, while making parents equal partners in our children’s education. No slashing or withholding of school funding.
3. Ensuring no lay-offs of firefighters, police officers, teachers, nurses or sanitation workers.
4. Keeping in check the costs of city, state and federal government, notably its personnel expenses, thus preventing the noose from tightening around tax payers’ necks.
5. Congressional initiative in treating New Yorkers equitably in the proposed health insurance legislation.
6. Abandoning the proposed MTA service cuts, and saving the more than half-million of our students and children who receive free or discounted Metro Cards.
7. Curbing increases in property taxes and water rates, which have risen by 40 percent and 98 percent, respectively.
8. Preventing any more hospital closures by recouping the large amounts being siphoned off due to fraud, mismanagement, and waste in our medical bureaucracy.
9. Sate and city government solving our budgetary and fiscal problems.
10. Addressing unemployment, affordable housing, homelessness, veteran’s welfare, rent increases, small businesses, foreclosures, neighborhood parks, the environment, green jobs sustainability, overdevelopment, air and noise pollution, polluted land and traffic congestion.
Reform is long overdue. The clarion calls are deafening to purge the Augean stables of Albany of those responsible. We demand, and deserve, better.